Edited to add: This doesn’t work anymore. (Since asks are now rebloggable)
Someone wrote instructions for this that people seem to be having trouble getting to work. Here’s a restatement that I hope will be more useable.
- Send yourself an ask. It doesn’t have to say anything in particular. You might use something indicating the subject.
- Respond to the ask. In the response box, click the button to enter a read more break (it’s between the bullet list button and the camera)
- Then it will show up as an answered ask, which can’t be reblogged
- So jerks can’t easily reblog your painful post to make fun of you, and things are much likely to become unpleasantly viral.
- (This isn’t effective against really determined trolls, but it helps against some of them)