If you will be using a handout in your presentation
- Make more copies than you think you need. (Accessibility is more important than conserving paper)
- If it seems like you don’t have enough copies, ask if anyone needs their own in order to be able to follow
- Wait 10 seconds to give people a chance to respond.
- If anyone needs their own, give it to them before you pass the sheets around to everyone else
- (Some people need their own because they have to hold it in a particular way to be able to see the print clearly. Or because they need to write on it in order to follow. Or because they have communication problems that make sharing a document difficult).
- Before your presentation, upload your handout file to dropbox or another file sharing site
- Before you begin, let people know that it is available and where to find it
- Put the URL on the print copies and the board
- This is helpful because some people need large print or other modifications, or can turn pages on a computer but not a printout, and making files available makes the content usable