I see that my post about Noticing When Repetition is Communication has gotten about 30,000 notes in the past few days and that a lot of new people have followed recently.
If you came here because you’re interested in autism or other disability issues, you might want to read these posts too (among others):
- Autistic kids need to be able to talk about disability
- Stop Romanticizing Neurotypicality
- Thoughts on doing right by nonspeaking people
- Autism Language Politics and History
- Thoughts on noticing disability experiences
- Respecting wheelchair users who can walk
- Look past the wheelchair and see the disability
If that post or other things I’ve written has made a difference in your life, please consider subscribing to my Patreon or making a one-time donation via PayPal (email@example.com). I write this blog by myself, and support from followers enables me to continue devoting time to writing and researching new posts.